Thursday, February 11, 2010

And the rolls are.....


And here's the rolls that I chose. They were the first ones on the list when I put in Bread machine rolls at (again) Allrecipes. I also made a few changes. first I only made 8 rolls worth. Also, I added in some Italian seasoning, parm cheese, and garlic and onion powders. It is mixing in the bread machine right now. I have never used the dough cycle so this is a fun learning experience.

These rolls were a hit. I will be using my bread maker to make more rolls in the future. I want to try a sweet hawaiin type to go with some chili that is on the menu next week.

Bread Machine Rolls from AllRecipes.com

Prep Time:1 Hr 20 Min
Cook Time:15 Min
Ready In:1 Hr 35 Min
Original Recipe Yield 1 dozen rolls
**This recipe should yield 8 rolls**

Ingredients
2 cups bread flour
2 tablespoons white sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons dry milk powder
2/3 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon butter, softened
2/3 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
2/3 egg white
1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon water

Directions::
This recipe's Ingredients were scaled to yield a new amount. The directions below still refer to the original recipe yield of 1 dozen rolls, however, I chose to only make 8 rolls tonight

Place the bread flour, sugar, salt, milk powder, water, butter, and yeast in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer.(I also added parm cheese, garlic and onion powders, pepper, and italian seasoning) Set on Dough cycle; press Start.
Remove risen dough from the machine, deflate, and turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into twelve equal pieces, and form into rounds. Place the rounds on lightly greased baking sheets. Cover the rolls with a damp cloth, and let rise until doubled in volume, about 40 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a small bowl, mix together the egg white and 2 tablespoons water; brush lightly onto the rolls. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until the rolls are golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment I love hearing from you. It's always nice to know someone is listening, so let me know you were here and I'll come over and listen to you!!.....Julie