Wednesday, November 18, 2009

stuffing try outs

OK, so i am creating a stuffing for thanksgiving. Let's be truthful I am craving the turkey day goodies. anyeay, I make a loaf of bread in the breadmaker the other day. It fell and the kids were not fans of the flavor but I thought what great bread cubes these would be so here we are. i cut them, seasoned with poultry seasoning, italian seasoning, S&P, garlic and onion powder, let sit overnight, im am melted butter added 1/2 chop onion, 1 celery, 4 mushrooms, 1/2 apple pour over cubes, cook 2 chx breast in 2 cup water till poached add water to stuffing chop up chx add in, soak 4 dates and apricots chopped in 1 c water to boiling, sit 10 min add in. mix together in 9x13 put in roaster at 250 for 4 hours oh and dots and shreds of butter throughout. It smells good I am waiting!
Well, mixed results, I think it had too much poultry seasoning and that was my doing I believe I used T instead of t and bread cubes needed to be a bit smaller. The guys did like the chicken piecess flavor so see mixed. I liked the dried fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment I love hearing from you. It's always nice to know someone is listening, so let me know you were here and I'll come over and listen to you!!.....Julie