Monday, May 31, 2010

June 1st thru the 6th menu plan


I don't have one yet but I am on my way to go shopping to see what special deals I can find to further reduce our food budget to less than $200 this month. So, I'll get back to y'all alter this evening maybe even with some pics??? let's hope!!!.....Julie

Have any of you seen this site?? It looks interesting I think I might spend some time there to figure it out.

Shopping went ok. I always overspend when I have a hubby helper LOL. We spent $70 at WinCo, $12 at Dollar Tree, $50 at Grocery Outlet. and $20 fast food. I probably need another $20 for tp, fruit, milk and cereal to get us through 2 weeks. Then another $100 for the rest of the month would be optimal but I think it may be more like $50. This summer my family may need the services of the food bank. IDK yet but I did not make the money I thought I would before my job ended. :(

Don't forget to go over to MPM at Organizing Junkie. I'm #161 this week. Also, link over to Grocery Cart Challenge this week I'm #4 at the shopping round-up. This week over at Focus Check Friday this post is #2. I put this post up because one of my focuses is to keep a tight lid on our menu and, my pantry,it has to last us through the summer until we hopefully move.(Reno or bust??)

My menu is subject to change at any time for any reason but it should go as follows::


Mon::Fast Food&FFYS
as planned
Tue::Salsa Chicken over rice
chicken was too dry so made it into chicken tacos
try my trick it got great raves!!
Wed::Hamburger helper,watermelon
as planned
Thu::BBQ Chicken over pots
traveling today - fast food - YUCK!!!
Fri::Salisbury steak,rice,broccoli
will leave this ready for guys to eat
Sat::Fish sticks, fries, mandarins
Guys can open bags and cans - simple
Sun::beef,rice and bean burritos,salad
Easy to prepare when I get home at 6pm

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree that without focus, menu plans don't happen. Love the chicken taco idea, might have to try that next week.

    Thanks for linking up!

    Nony

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment I love hearing from you. It's always nice to know someone is listening, so let me know you were here and I'll come over and listen to you!!.....Julie