Sunday, March 14, 2010

What to do, What to do...

So,Here I thought that today my biggest challenge was going to be changing the clocks in my house but that was not to be. My Daughter in law the one that provided us with 4 grandkids .....just broke her shoulder.....My Hubs is currently driving her and our son over to the hospital in the next county over because our local hospital is a mere band aid station and they cannot help her and of course, the kids are coming to me.
I have already started the food scramble. I have 2 big chops that I put in the CP today to cook and then make a gravy to serve over mashed potatoes. I have 4 pots not 8, I do have half a box of instant mashed though.
I have to figure out how to make a dinner we were already stretching for 4 into hearty for 8.
At least the youngest 2 are smaller eaters (they are 5 and 6) but the older 2 are 9 and 12. I only have 8 eggs so that is not an option.yet. We did LO's last night along with hot dogs so there are few loose items to create from.

I'm thinking, I'm thinking.

Taco's? Well, I do have 7 shells, me, my 2, grand kids 4, that equals 7 since Hubs is gone for awhile. add some re fried beans and rice too, maybe??

Any ideas? Please comment.....Thanks.....Julie

4 comments:

  1. I think the tacos are a great idea! I know our grand kids love them. and with beans and rice, that should fill everyone up. So sorry for the daughter in law! poor thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, a broken shoulder!? "Ouch" is a complete understatement, but it's the only thing I can think of.

    Thanks for stopping by, and I hope the tacos turned out good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, "Ouch" can't possibly describe that kind of pain and suffering. Sounds like you might be doing quite a bit of gramma duty for a while.

    So, how about a Pancake or Waffle night? They are easy to make up from scratch and can be topped with just about anything, jam/jelly, cinnamon sugar, brown sugar syrup...Speghetti is also a good one for a big crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've been lucky other friends and family have also stepped in to help so things are going OK now. But I know laundry is coming up soon...A family of 6 for at least a week...I'm so afraid ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment I love hearing from you. It's always nice to know someone is listening, so let me know you were here and I'll come over and listen to you!!.....Julie