Saturday, February 13, 2010

Shortbread cookies


One of the bloggers that I follow posted about making easy shortbread cookies and it got my sweets craved PMS mouth to watering so I did a bit of research and finding Joy of Baking (once again,) I came up with a easy recipe.


1/4 C cornstarch
3/4 C flour
1/8t salt
mix these together in small bowl

cream together in another bowl
1 stick butter
1/4 C confectioners sugar (powdered)
1/2 t real vanilla

beat together wet ingredients for about 2 minutes then incorporate the dry ingredients wrap in saran wrap in a log shape and put in refer.
I am still at the refer stage. My plan is to cut into 12 then sprinkle with sugar and place in 350* pre heated oven on a wax paper lined cookie sheet and bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until browned.
I will update my families responses after we consume.

I have linked this with:
And Baby Makes Five Colleen's Kitchen Recipe Swap, GCC Recipe Swap, Simply Sweet Home Sweet Thursday

2 comments:

  1. They were good but I got mixed results, I of course loved them. I mean what's not to love? sugar,butter,flour??? They held a nice shape. and could have been rolled out nicely. I however, decided to simply slice and that was also nice. The flavor was a bit bland so I would probably ramp up my butter next time and use a VERY nice cube. I also would probably like more of an almond extract. A LOT more.. So, i liked, Youngest likes, picky boy tried a corner but would not appreciate the entire flavor and Hubs wouldn't try at all.
    I will however make again. and thinking of how I could use chocolate powder in exchange for cornstarch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shortbread! Great recipe! Thanks for linking up at Sweet Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment I love hearing from you. It's always nice to know someone is listening, so let me know you were here and I'll come over and listen to you!!.....Julie